Colorado Staging + Design loves staging with plants. Whether a job is big or small, you can bet that we will bring an array of our favorite plants to the job. If you’re looking to make your home look more stylish and put together, you should consider staging with plants too!
Why We Love Staging With Plants
Plants bring life to your space. Even if they are not actually alive (due to the nature of staging, we always use artificial greenery), plants make a room feel complete. Green is a great neutral, and it works no matter what color scheme you have in your home; it is versatile and adds softness to a room.
How To Stage Using Plants
Although every home is different and we provide unique staging according to the needs of the property, we do have a few basic places that we love to stage with plants as a general rule.
- The Kitchen Counter: Place a small potted plant by the kitchen sink or include a favorite herb as part of a countertop vignette.
- An Empty Corner: We often place a larger potted tree (Fiddle Leaf Figs are a popular choice for stagers; they add height and volume and have good presence). We like to place Fiddle Leaf Figs in empty corners!
- The coffee table or a side table: A small potted plant or a pretty pitcher full of willowy greens makes a nice addition when you are styling your coffee table. We often choose potted succulents for these tables and they are a good choice if you are opting for the real thing as they are heartier than many other plant varieties.
- Dining Table: A great strategy for making an impact on a larger dining table is to think in multiples. A trio of inexpensive plants from the Home Improvement store can make a gorgeous centerpiece if you transfer them into interesting containers.
- Nightstand: Placing a small bud vase with flowers or a pretty plant on your nightstand feels like a luxury, and it makes your bedroom feel fresh and welcoming.
- Entry Table: Set the tone for your home by welcoming guests with a small arrangement of fresh flowers or a potted plant.
- Powder Room: For parties and special occasions, consider adding a small vessel with a few stems of grocery store flowers (or even something pretty from your yard) to the bathroom vanity.
Our Favorite Artificial Greenery Sources
There are so many great places to purchase high-end greenery, but can we share a little secret? For smaller, on-trend artificial plants you don’t have to spend a ton of money. Stores like Marshall’s, Home Goods, and Target are all great options for adding a dose of green to your house (without forking over a lot of green in the process).
You can click on the images below to check out a few of our favorite (affordable!) plants from Target.
If you are looking for a quick DIY staging update for your space, staging with plants may be just the project you’ve been looking for!